Marianne M. Sinoo MSc (1955) attained her combined Master degree from Utrecht University in “Social Psychology” and ”Organisational Psychology”. She has been working at the Hogeschool Utrecht for 14 years as a lecturer in research methodology in different nursing courses. For over ten years, she’s been a teacher of the Master of Science of Nursing Course, which was implemented in collaboration with the former University of Wales College of Medicine (UWCM). She was appointed as an honorary teacher by the UWCM in that time. Since 1999 she has been working as a lecturer (research methodology) and manager in the Bachelor studies of Optometry and Orthoptics. Since 2006, she’s started her doctoral project on visual functioning in the nursing home.
- 2010 - present Member of the editorial staff of Nurse Academy: practice-based education in nursing (magazine and e-learning) in The Netherlands.
- 2006 - present Doctoral researcher with the Research Group of Demand-driven Care. 'A new approach to diagnosis and reporting of visual impairments and environmental screening in nursing homes'.
- 1999 - 2005 Coordinator of the bachelor course in orthoptics.
- 1999 - present Teaching research methodology at the bachelor courses of optometry and orthoptics
- 1986 - 1999 Teaching research methodology in nursing courses: MSc in Nursing course.