Before I came to the Netherlands in 1991, I taught at an Australian high school and at a language institute in Tokyo. During my first years in the Netherlands, I gave lessons at various companies in and around Amsterdam for several language institutes. Since 1994, I have worked as a lecturer at the Faculty of Economics and Management of the HU. Initially, I taught English, business communication and economics; now I teach research skills. In September 2010, I joined the Vocational Education Research Group and since 2011, I have been working three days a week on my PhD supported by two supervisors: Prof Elly de Bruijn PhD (HU Research Group Vocational Education & Utrecht University) and Dr Harmen Schaap (Radboud University Nijmegen). My research topic is: ‘Enhancing conceptual understanding in international business students’.
- Bachelor of Arts, Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- Diploma in Education, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
- Master of Arts in Education, The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
- Post Graduate Certificate in Social Sciences Research Methods, The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
- Current: PhD, Utrecht University, Netherlands